Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Perfect Law Student Book

As a law student, people often ask me what I read for fun. After I laugh, they seem to realize that I don't have too much time for pleasure reading. However, that has changed in recent weeks as I think I have discovered the perfect pleasure book for law students. The book is entitled: "I'm a Stranger Here Myself: Notes on Returning to America After 20 Years Away" and is written by Bill Bryson. Basically, the book is a series of short (3-5 pages each) columns making fun of all the frustrating things in life. The columns originally appeared in a London newspaper when he returned to the States after living in England for 20 years. Though some stories are better than others, the fact that I can end my day by spending 15 minutes reading genuinely funny and cynical pieces is great.

If you are interested, check out the book here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shrimp Boat said...

Why am I not surprised that the Paddle is pushing anti-American propaganda.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home